Project Life Cover Page 2016 - with Karyn!

07:00

Hi Scrappy Canary lovelies!!

It's Karyn here today sharing the title page of my "Schultz Family 2016" Project Life Album.

I've used the January Pocket Life kit Roy from Scrappy Canary. This is probably my favourite PL kit so far. I love that there are lots of cards, and lots of black and white - very modern and versatile colours. I also love the pack of Kaisercraft die-cuts in the kit - just adorable!

I decided on quite a different look for this page and kept it almost scrapbook style. I started with a sheet of 12x12 cardstock and painted some yellow lines across the page as shown. I used acrylic paints this time - just some from my girls art packs. I love the thickness and vibrancy of acrylic paints, I just added a bit of water so it would flow to my liking.
Once the paint had dried (which did take some time as it was quite thick in places) I added a strip of paper along the bottom of the page. This strip was from some paper in the January Scrapbook kit Andy - a barcode strip actually! Then I added some accents from the die-cut pack, the sticker pack and the puffy stickers from the kit. I love the variety of shapes of the puffy stickers!
Next I cut the 12x12 sheet into 3x4 cards and replaced one of the painted cards with a card from the kit embellished with diecuts. I watercoloured the pot plant for some extra colour.
I love the simplicity of this page with the pop of colour from the paints.
Happy Crafting
Karyn xx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow this is awesome. Love the simplicity and minimalistic aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome. Love the simplicity and minimalistic aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive